How it works
Flexitec Systems uses a specialised polymer detection tube which is pressurised. The tube is routed through the compartment that needs protecting, secured in place with fixings, thus being right at the source of any fire. When a fire occurs and either touches the tubing or the heat is sufficiently high enough, the Flexitec tube wall softens and bursts at the hottest point allowing the extinguishing medium to extinguish the fire at source.
Advantages of Flexitec
- Flexitec is simple and inexpensive to fit.
- Flexitec does not rely on any electrical or moving parts
- Extinguishes a fire at the source via the Flexitec tubing
- Offers 24/7 protection.
- Pressure switches can be fitted to automatically shut down any machinery, systems or sound alarm.
- Flexitec Systems are available in a variety of sizes ranging from 1kg to 6kg.
- Different extinguishing mediums are available to suit the application