Its unique formulation is based on advanced protein foam technology. The protein base material provides a tough cohesive foam blanket with high resistance to heat that provides the same post-fire security as a top quality FluoroProtein (FP). Fluorochemical surface active agents combined with the protein base produce a vapour-sealing aqueous film on hydrocarbons that provides the same fast control and extinguishment as a top quality synthetic AFFF. On polar solvents an insoluble polymer membrane is formed which protects the foam blanket from the solvent.
- Highly versatile – eliminates the need to stock a variety of foam types
- Film-forming on hydrocarbons for fast flame knockdown and extinguishment
- Stable and long lasting foam blanket for excellent burnback resistance to fuel pick-up
- Foam blanket re-seals when ruptured by personnel or equipment
- Reduced stocks, low cost storage, long shelf-life, and low usage levels combine to provide maximum cost-effectiveness