Water Mist Fire Suppression is a simple but effective solution, which works only when the heat is sufficient to draw in the micro particles of water.
As the heat intensifies, water droplet particles are drawn into the fuel/heat mixture, creating a cooling effect and extinguishing the fire.
Water Mist systems – with high and low pressure options – are not suitable for IT infrastructure or in installations which will be harmed by the discharge.
High Pressure Water Mist Fire Suppression
- Ecological. Does not harm environment
- Safe for the protection of equipment and occupied areas
- Minimal water damage
- Efficient for flammable liquid fires
- Electrically non-conductive (use of demineralised water)
- Rapid temperature reduction
- Independent system or pumping equipment
- Economical. Minimum cost of extinguishing agent
Low Pressure Water Mist Fire Suppression
- Used for control or suppression
- Less water than traditional sprinklers
- Low flow nozzles
- Large area coverage than traditional sprinklers
- Lower K Factor
- Less water quantity per area of maximum operations
- Installation cost benefits include the use of smaller diameter pipe, smaller pump sets and smaller capacity supply water tanks.
- Galvanised, copper or high-density plastic pipe
- Pressure 2.5 to 8 bar
- Pump systems